This is a simple recipe for sweet homemade salsa. While less popular than a good spicy salsa, a sweetened salsa can be a nice variation.
Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches are a simple classic. Better known as the BLT, it is a sandwich that can be prepared in under ten minutes and is stupidly delicious.
This is a great recipe that can be paired up with soup (such as this delicious broccoli soup) to make a meal, or left on it’s own for a quick, simple lunch.
Spicy curry sauce can be made and paired with nearly any meat. Try it with lamb for a fairly “authentic dish” or just serve with chicken over a bed of rice for a simple delicious dinner. Read More…
Despite being the silliest word to see on one page repeatedly, guacamole is a great alternative to salsa for dipping tortilla chips. Read More…
This recipe is one of many options for preparing a spicy homemade salsa. Once again, this recipe can be made without actually cooking anything, just like our recipe for no cook homemade salsa. Read More…
Since we’re already making tomato sauce, let’s throw some of the leftovers in a bowl and make up an easy homemade salsa. It’s actually very simple, and actually works out as cheaper than buying salsa in a store. And of course, it’s more delicious, too. Read More…
Traditional red sauce isn’t quite as quick to make as alfredo sauce, but it’s another simple option. This simple recipe will produce a very nice, yet simple, homemade pasta sauce.
Meatballs not included
Pasta Sauce Ingredients
You’re going to need:
- six to eight nice large tomatoes
- two green peppers
- four garlic cloves
- three onions
- olive oil
- and a bunch of salt and pepper
How to Cook Homemade Pasta Sauce
Chop your tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic as finely as you want. If you prefer a smooth pasta sauce you can chop everything as finely as possible. For a chunky tomato sauce, leave everything big. In chunks, even.
Pour a quarter cup of olive oil into your pot and heat over medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot before you add all of your veggies and your garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for at least thirty minutes. Longer is usually better.
If the mixture seems too thick for your liking, add water and continue simmering.
Pasta Sauce-Making Tips
- There are hundreds of possible variations you can make on pasta sauce. Don’t be scared to experiment with different spices and ingredients.
- Mushrooms are a nice addition, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- If you’re going to bother making your own homemade pasta sauce, you should consider making your own fresh homemade pasta as well.
- When making this recipe don’t be shy to multiply the ingredients and make a giant batch up in an oversized pot – this pasta sauce can be easily frozen and used for a while.