Traditional red sauce isn’t quite as quick to make as alfredo sauce, but it’s another simple option. This simple recipe will produce a very nice, yet simple, homemade pasta sauce.
Pasta Sauce Ingredients
You’re going to need:
- six to eight nice large tomatoes
- two green peppers
- four garlic cloves
- three onions
- olive oil
- and a bunch of salt and pepper
How to Cook Homemade Pasta Sauce
Chop your tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic as finely as you want. If you prefer a smooth pasta sauce you can chop everything as finely as possible. For a chunky tomato sauce, leave everything big. In chunks, even.
Pour a quarter cup of olive oil into your pot and heat over medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot before you add all of your veggies and your garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for at least thirty minutes. Longer is usually better.
If the mixture seems too thick for your liking, add water and continue simmering.
Pasta Sauce-Making Tips
- There are hundreds of possible variations you can make on pasta sauce. Don’t be scared to experiment with different spices and ingredients.
- Mushrooms are a nice addition, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- If you’re going to bother making your own homemade pasta sauce, you should consider making your own fresh homemade pasta as well.
- When making this recipe don’t be shy to multiply the ingredients and make a giant batch up in an oversized pot – this pasta sauce can be easily frozen and used for a while.
Garlic butter can be used to make many things, such as garlic bread, garlic shrimp, or even used as ...
This rice is meant to be paired up with a meat slathered in curry sauce. It uses basmati rice, which...
Most alfredo sauces you see are quite thin and creamy but that doesn't necessarily have to be the ca...
This homemade jalapeno hot sauce is a very basic hot sauce recipe that you can make on the stove-top...