This recipe for cooking roasted potatoes is about as easy as it gets.
This is a simple recipe for oven-roasted garlic lemon broccoli. It pairs well with foods such as our recipe for oven baked salmon with lemon.
Here’s the deal, you probably don’t need help making scrambled eggs. I mean, you might. But here’s the deal. This is a recipe for cooking super delicious fluffy scrambled eggs.
Every basic baked salmon recipe has lemon in it. This one is no exception. This is a very simple recipe for cooking oven baked salmon.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Salmon
- Two garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Olive Oil
- Two large salmon fillets
You will also need some aluminum foil.
Oven Baked Salmon Preparation
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
Finely chop your garlic and mix it with at least six tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of salt, pepper, and basil. Add about a tablespoon of parsley and anywhere between one and three tablespoons of lemon juice.
Put your fillets onto a large piece of aluminum foil and pour in the mixture of oil, garlic, and spices.
You should bake them until they can easily flake when pressed with a fork. Properly baking salmon usually takes between thirty five and forty five minutes.
Tips for Making Oven Baked Salmon
This is a very easy chili recipe that you can cook on the stovetop with any decent sized pan. Preparation is quick and painless, but if you want this chili to turn out great, you should give yourself time to cook it for a while.
Ingredients for Easy Ground Beef Chili
- One pound of (preferably lean) ground beef
- Three to four large tomatoes
- A large onion
- Celery stalks
- Anywhere from one to three cups of kidney beans
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Two to four fresh jalapeno peppers
- Two or three garlic cloves
- One can of beef soup stock
How to Prepare an Easy Ground Beef Chili
In your frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil on medium to high heat. Once your pan and oil preheat, add your ground beef.
While you’re waiting for the oil to heat and the beef to brown, start chopping up all your vegetables and your garlic.
Once the beef has browned, throw in your chopped celery, a fairly finely chopped onion, and two or three crushed garlic cloves. Cook until the onion begins to soften.
Now add everything else. For your spices, a good guideline is one tablespoon of chili powder, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper. But like I said, there really isn’t a “wrong way” to flavor a chili.
Cover and cook for a minimum of one hour over low heat. There is pretty much no way to cook a chili for too long, as long as you’re simmering at a nice low temperature.
When it comes down to it though, you should just buy a slow cooker and cook a larger quantity for much longer. Most of the time a recipe of this size is meant to be for between four and six people. I’d recommend keeping it to yourself, or maybe sharing with one person maximum.
Tips for Making Chili
- If you don’t like kidney beans you can substitute them out for more ground beef.
- Seriously, cook this thing at low heat for a really long time. It’ll just turn out better if you’re patient.
- If you premake a batch of chili powder it can simplify the chili-making process as well as be used in other recipes.
- Every time you make a bowl of chili, cover the whole thing with cheese. As pictured above.
This simple delicious recipe for pan-fried garlic chicken can be prepared in under twenty minutes.
Ingredients for Garlic Chicken
- Four chicken breasts, halved.
- Five tablespoons butter
- One tablespoon fresh oregano
- A quarter to half a teaspoon of dried hot pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- A garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
You can use chicken with skin and bones to keep the cost down, but it is usually best to go nuts and get boneless, skinless chicken breast for this sort of thing. Because of deliciousness.
Preparation for Garlic Chicken
Chop the garlic as finely as you possibly can. Stir the butter until it is soft and add the red pepper flakes, oregano, and chopped garlic. Continue mixing until the whole thing is a delicious smelling goo.
Cut into the middle of your chicken. A nice horizontal slice into the middle will do fine. Fill that slice with the goo mixture. Add some salt and pepper.
Heat your oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. (Stick closer to medium, burnt oil will ruin your food.)
Cook the chicken, completely uncovered, until it starts to brown in the oil. This should take between seven and ten minutes. Lower the heat and flip the chicken. Continue cooking for ten to twelve minutes or until the chicken is cooked through to the middle.
If there’s any of your garlic butter paste left feel free to slather it on.
Tips on How to Cook Garlic Chicken
- If you’re in a rush you can cover the pan to prepare the chicken a bit faster. Covering your frying pan with a lid has a two-sided effect: it will help you cook through the chicken a bit quicker (which is helpful when you are in a rush) but it tends to result in dryer chicken. Which is sort of okay if you’re into that.
- Try not to move the chicken around too much. If you move chicken around in the pan too often you will overcook the outer layer and make the whole thing take longer. Be patient and let it cook through a bit. It’s worth it.
- If you have any leftovers you can use it for a homemade chicken noodle soup. The additional flavor only adds to the end product.