This simple delicious recipe for pan-fried garlic chicken can be prepared in under twenty minutes.
Ingredients for Garlic Chicken
- Four chicken breasts, halved.
- Five tablespoons butter
- One tablespoon fresh oregano
- A quarter to half a teaspoon of dried hot pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- A garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
You can use chicken with skin and bones to keep the cost down, but it is usually best to go nuts and get boneless, skinless chicken breast for this sort of thing. Because of deliciousness.
Preparation for Garlic Chicken
Chop the garlic as finely as you possibly can. Stir the butter until it is soft and add the red pepper flakes, oregano, and chopped garlic. Continue mixing until the whole thing is a delicious smelling goo.
Cut into the middle of your chicken. A nice horizontal slice into the middle will do fine. Fill that slice with the goo mixture. Add some salt and pepper.
Heat your oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. (Stick closer to medium, burnt oil will ruin your food.)
Cook the chicken, completely uncovered, until it starts to brown in the oil. This should take between seven and ten minutes. Lower the heat and flip the chicken. Continue cooking for ten to twelve minutes or until the chicken is cooked through to the middle.
If there’s any of your garlic butter paste left feel free to slather it on.
Tips on How to Cook Garlic Chicken
- If you’re in a rush you can cover the pan to prepare the chicken a bit faster. Covering your frying pan with a lid has a two-sided effect: it will help you cook through the chicken a bit quicker (which is helpful when you are in a rush) but it tends to result in dryer chicken. Which is sort of okay if you’re into that.
- Try not to move the chicken around too much. If you move chicken around in the pan too often you will overcook the outer layer and make the whole thing take longer. Be patient and let it cook through a bit. It’s worth it.
- If you have any leftovers you can use it for a homemade chicken noodle soup. The additional flavor only adds to the end product.
This is a very simple recipe for pan-fried shrimp cooked with a garlic butter sauce. It can be prepa...
"Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults." - Mitch Hedberg Macaroni and cheese for ad...
Not Actually a Hero has a post up today featuring 5 Super Foods Everybody Should Eat. If you're l...
Here's the deal, you can't actually make homemade Frank's Red Hot Sauce. You can make a very similar...