Traditional red sauce isn’t quite as quick to make as alfredo sauce, but it’s another simple option. This simple recipe will produce a very nice, yet simple, homemade pasta sauce.
Pasta Sauce Ingredients
You’re going to need:
- six to eight nice large tomatoes
- two green peppers
- four garlic cloves
- three onions
- olive oil
- and a bunch of salt and pepper
How to Cook Homemade Pasta Sauce
Chop your tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic as finely as you want. If you prefer a smooth pasta sauce you can chop everything as finely as possible. For a chunky tomato sauce, leave everything big. In chunks, even.
Pour a quarter cup of olive oil into your pot and heat over medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot before you add all of your veggies and your garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for at least thirty minutes. Longer is usually better.
If the mixture seems too thick for your liking, add water and continue simmering.
Pasta Sauce-Making Tips
- There are hundreds of possible variations you can make on pasta sauce. Don’t be scared to experiment with different spices and ingredients.
- Mushrooms are a nice addition, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- If you’re going to bother making your own homemade pasta sauce, you should consider making your own fresh homemade pasta as well.
- When making this recipe don’t be shy to multiply the ingredients and make a giant batch up in an oversized pot – this pasta sauce can be easily frozen and used for a while.
Meatloaf is a staple for many families. It's an easy to prepare and hardy food with leftovers that m...
This recipe is one of many options for preparing a spicy homemade salsa. Once again, this recipe can...
Every basic baked salmon recipe has lemon in it. This one is no exception. This is a very simple rec...
Somehow, a recipe created over a hundred years ago by the "Frank Tea and Spice Company" is dominat...